.. Loading ..


If you’re seeking a world-class education, Canada may be the answer. If you become a student in Canada, you’ll have the opportunity to learn in one of the top ten countries in which to get an education!


Where can you study in Canada?


International students can study in Canada at any of the following levels:


  • Primary school (grades 1-8)
  • Secondary school (grades 9-12)
  • Post-secondary school
  • colleges
  • universities
  • private career colleges
  • vocational and technical schools


All primary and secondary schools can accept international students. For an international student to enrol at a post-secondary school and get a study permit, the school must be a designated learning institution (DLI)—in other words, a school approved by its Canadian province or territory to host international students.


Study Permits


If you want to study at a Canadian college or university, you’ll probably need a study permit. A study permit allows you to study at a Canadian school and stay until the end of your program plus 90 days. If you finish your program early, your permit will be valid until 90 days after you finish; if you need more time to finish your studies than expected, you will need to apply for an extension of your permit.


Do you need a study permit? This depends on your circumstances. Most foreign nationals will need a study permit. If you meet any of the following requirements, you may not need a study permit:


  • Your program of study is under six months.
  • You are a family or staff member of foreign representatives.
  • You are in the armed forces.
  • You have Registered Indian status.
  • You are a minor student who is any of the following: in kindergarten, here as a refugee, or here with a parent who is a refugee and/or is allowed to study or work in Canada.


Also, just because you have a study permit doesn’t mean you don’t need other paperwork to come to Canada. You may also need a temporary resident visa or an electronic travel authorization (eTA). We can help you determine what you will need to study in Canada and help you with your application. To get started, contact us.