.. Loading ..

Services backup Apr 6 2018

Temporary Residence

Are you planning to visit Canada to see the sights or visit family? Temporary residence can take many forms:

  • A temporary resident visa (or, for visa-exempt travellers, an eTA/electronic travel authorization) could allow you to stay in Canada for up to six months.
  • If you are a parent or grandparent of a child or grandchild living in Canada, and you and your family meet the requirements for a Super Visa, you may be able to stay longer.
  • Students and temporary workers usually need study permits or work permits, respectively.

We can help you determine what will work best for you depending on your unique needs and circumstances. Contact us to learn more about your options!

Permanent Residence

Are you hoping to immigrate to Canada and become a permanent resident of Canada? You may be able to immigrate

  • through your work, as a skilled worker or caregiver or through the self-employed category;
  • through a family member via one of the family class immigration programs, such as spousal sponsorship;
  • by starting a business; or
  • by investing in the Canadian economy.

Depending on your skills, professional background, family connections, and personal goals, we can help you discover the ideal program for you to apply for. Contact us to learn more about your best chances for success.

Business Immigration

Hoping to immigrate and bring your professional success with you? You and your business may have a future in Canada. Depending on the type of work you do and how it might benefit the Canadian economy, you could immigrate

  • through the Start-up Visa program as a new business owner,
  • as a self-employed person, or
  • as an investor.

Start-up Visa

VB & Associates is working in collaboration with Canadian Application Processing Services (CAPS) to help entrepreneurs with their Start-up Visa applications!

What is the Start-up Visa Program?

The Start-up Visa program is for innovative companies that can create jobs for Canadians and could succeed on a global scale. If you and your business qualify, acceptance could mean fast work permit processing (as little as six months!) and permanent residency. You could also have access to Canada’s strong economy, low taxes business costs, innovative spirit, and high quality of life.

Who can apply to the Start-up Visa Program?

To qualify, the business must

  • be supported by a designated organization (and have a letter of support to that effect), and
  • meet ownership requirements for a qualifying business.

The applicant must

  • meet the language requirements (based on results from an approved English or French language test),
  • bring enough money to settle, and
  • pass Canadian security and medical clearances.

What is a designated organization?

Designated organizations are business groups that have been approved to invest in or support possible start-ups. These could be business incubators, venture capital investors, or angel investors.

A business incubator nurtures the business throughout the startup phase and provides all the necessary tools and advice for the business to stand on its own feet. The eligibility requirements, length of program, and process for business incubators vary depending on the program.

Venture capital is financing that investors provide to startup companies and small businesses investors believe will have long-term growth potential. Venture capital generally comes from well-off investors, investment banks and other financial institutions. Accepted businesses may receive money and/or technical or managerial expertise.

Angel investors are wealthy individuals who provide capital for startups in exchange for ownership equity or convertible debt. Every angel investor has their own requirements for who they will back.

Self-Employed Program

The self-employed program focuses on potential immigrants with significant experience in cultural activities or athletics who plan to use that experience to enrich cultural or athletic life in Canada. Applicants need to meet program requirements in the following areas:

  • experience,
  • education,
  • age,
  • language abilities,
  • adaptability,
  • whether the applicant passes medical and security checks, and
  • whether the applicant can support themselves.

Investor Program

Investors need to show that they have the business and capital necessary to help make a positive impact on Canada’s economy. They also have to make a sufficient investment before receiving a permanent resident card.

We Want You to Succeed

Do you think you and your business could qualify for one of these programs? We can help you review the requirements against your experience and capital backing to determine which program would be best for you. Contact us to begin the process.

PR & Citizenship

Ready for the rest of your life in Canada? If you are hoping to extend your permanent residence and become a citizen, we can help you prepare. The length of time you’ve been in Canada, your age (you must be over 18), your language abilities in either English or French, and your tax records all affect whether you are eligible at this time. Get in touch with us to learn more and discover what we can do to help with this transition.

Litigation, Advocacy and Legal Services

Has an immigration officer refused you multiple times? Have you been judged inadmissible? Did you make a mistake on your application because you didn’t know about a specific immigration rule? If you’ve received a negative decision on your application, there’s still hope.

As an immigration consultancy firm, we specialize in knowing and applying immigration law. We are able to represent you in court, and we are willing to pursue the legal rights of our clients to the fullest. We can apply to have the decision overturned by a judge, an action we’ve pursued many times with success. We can do more for you than just fill out forms; we can be your voice in dealing with the immigration system.

Unsure of your next step? We can review your situation and help determine what went wrong, as well as take steps to re-apply or appeal the decision. Contact us to learn what we can do to help make things right.

Studying in Canada

If you’re seeking a world-class education, Canada may be the answer. Whether you’re coming here with your parents or preparing for your future career, if you become a student in Canada, you’ll have the opportunity to learn in one of the top ten countries in which to get an education. Read on to learn about how to become an international student.

Where can you study in Canada?

International students can study in Canada at any of the following levels:

  • Primary school (grades 1-8)
  • Secondary school (grades 9-12)
  • Post-secondary school:
    private career colleges
    vocational and technical schools

All primary and secondary schools can accept international students. For an international student to enrol at a post-secondary school and get a study permit, the school must be a designated learning institution (DLI)—in other words, a school approved by its Canadian province or territory to host international students.

Study Permits

If you want to study at a Canadian college or university, you’ll probably need a study permit. A study permit allows you to study at a Canadian school and stay until the end of your program plus 90 days. If you finish your program early, your permit will be valid until 90 days after you finish; if you need more time to finish your studies than expected, you will need to apply for an extension of your permit.

Do you need a study permit? This depends on your circumstances. Most foreign nationals will need a study permit. If you meet any of the following requirements, you may not need a study permit:

  • Your program of study is under six months.
  • You are a family or staff member of foreign representatives.
  • You are in the armed forces.
  • You have Registered Indian status.
  • You are a minor student who is any of the following: in kindergarten, here as a refugee, or here with a parent who is a refugee and/or is allowed to study or work in Canada.

Also, just because you have a study permit doesn’t mean you don’t need other paperwork to come to Canada. You may also need a temporary resident visa or an electronic travel authorization (eTA). We can help you determine what you will need to study in Canada and help you with your application. To get started, contact us.